Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Waterproof Leather









I recently discovered waterproof leather bands. I don’t know how I managed to miss this before. Gotta tell you, if you have a heavy watch, like the divers above, and you want to make them more comfortable for daily wear, this is the way to go. You can still get things wet without worry but the whole package is lighter and easier to live with. I got this one at Central Watch band Stand but there are many vendors online with these bands. Google Hirsch Marine to find some of them.

The first watch shown btw is a Vostok Amphibia. The one below it is a Seiko SBBN007. The last one is a Debaufre Ocean One Classic Edition. The Classic Edition, in particular, really has an old time diver watch look with the leather band. Both are winning combinations in my opinion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ed,

I agree with you on the weight issue. Personally I like to wear my heavier watches on a NATO strap, instead of metal or leather, because I find it befits the "rugged image".
I must say that I may have to reconsider; these watches look great with leather straps!

Greetings, JP

2:57 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I was surprised at how well they looked as well.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
Drugstore.com