Thursday, January 14, 2021

The Fitbit Inspire HR


Ok, hell has sort of frozen over. After years of treating so called smartwatches as not real timepieces, I finally started wearing one. The contraption you see in the pictures above is a Fitbit Inspire HR. I've had it for about a year or so now and I wear it two to three days a week. 

My reason for getting this watch was health related. I wanted a way to track my workouts and, in particular, my heart rate. Getting diagnosed with AFIB and arrhythmia kind of pushed me to pay attention to this too. (This getting older stuff is great, isn't it...)

Anyway, I tried an Apple watch for a while, which I ultimately gifted to my daughter. Apple watches don't work with Android phones (which I prefer) and the Fitbit has better battery life. It's a lot less expensive too. 

The Inspire HR (I think this has been replaced by the new Fitbit Inspire 2 or Charge 4 model) is from Fitbit's tracker model lineup. They sell full smartwatches too btw. The trackers are small watches (this one is about 15mm x 40mm) that wear like a light bracelet. Aside from keeping time, which it does quite well, the Inspire counts my steps, measures the total distance I've walked/run, computes calories burned (some sort of proprietary algorithm is used) and measures my pulse rate. All of this data is recorded by an app in my phone linked via Bluetooth to the watch. I can compare how I'm doing over time which I find helpful.

The Inspire HR can also give me notifications via both it's screen and a haptic vibrating alarm when I get emails and texts which is pretty useful. There are a variety of different digital watch faces that can be downloaded through the Fitbit phone app (the one above is the Detailed version). There are options on the app to allow you to participate in medical studies by sharing anonymous Fitbit data. There is also an optional premium service that, for a fee, will give you personal health and fitness coaching if you like. I haven't used the premium service and you don't have to do so either. The free Fitbit app gives me plenty of useful information.

I was initially skeptical about the whole smartwatch idea. The idea of having to charge both my watch and my phone seemed like more of a bother than it would be worth. The Fitbit has changed my mind about that. It's pretty easy to use and the data is useful to me. I really do wish that the charging cable was longer but, other than that, it's no big deal to charge up and the battery lasts two to three days. All in all, I'm satisfied. 


7 Comments:

Blogger Will Kolson said...

These watches are all highly fashionable and comfortable to wear. Thank you for sharing the watch hub with us as we strive to improve our own image. If you need to take law essay help, then contact here support@lawessaywriting.co.uk to get cheap and authentic assignments.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Marlene Jeff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Nina Janovic said...

Hi, there thank you for providing such useful information about smartwatches, I provide assignment writing services in the UK so I always need a watch to manage my time while working on an assignment. I will highly recommend this watch to you and to my colleagues as well. As a degree holder in technology, I know how much impact full smart watches can be in the future for working-class people.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Nuzha Meer said...

Nice blog! I have been reading your comments since while and get such great information from it....! Most of the people wanted to maintain there beard styles to look cool......!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Phil Smith said...

The Fitbit Inspire HR is a popular fitness tracker that can be a great companion for an overnight desert safari in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. With its heart rate monitoring feature, it can help you keep track of your physical activity and ensure that you stay within a safe range during your outdoor adventures. Additionally, the Inspire HR's long battery life means you won't have to worry about running out of power during your overnight stay in the desert.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Ahsan said...

Yes, the Fitbit Inspire HR is a popular fitness tracker that is designed to help people track their fitness and health goals in case of Dubai desert safari. It has a range of features that make it a popular choice for those who want to monitor their activity levels, heart rate, sleep patterns, and more

3:57 AM  
Blogger DK Mart Official said...

I really liked your blog, there was a lot of information in it. I'm a blogger myself, so it would be great if you could check out my blog too.
https://dkmartofficial.com/fitbit-inspire-2-vs-charge-4/
Here's a comparison of the paragraph of Fitbit Inspire 2 vs Charge 4:

In the dynamic realm of fitness trackers, the Fitbit Inspire 2 and Charge 4 emerge as distinct contenders, each tailored to cater to varying user preferences and needs. The Fitbit Inspire 2, with its slender and lightweight design, encapsulates simplicity without compromising on essential fitness features. It seamlessly integrates into daily life, offering robust capabilities such as heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and a diverse array of exercise modes. Ideal for those inclined towards a budget-friendly option that doesn't compromise on core fitness functionalities, the Inspire 2 is a beacon of efficiency.

Contrastingly, the Fitbit Charge 4 ventures into the realm of advanced fitness tracking, presenting a more comprehensive health monitoring experience. Armed with built-in GPS, it liberates users from the tether of smartphones during outdoor activities. The inclusion of NFC facilitates seamless contactless payments, adding a layer of convenience to daily life. Moreover, the Charge 4 introduces Fitbit's Active Zone Minutes, a feature that tailors guidance based on individual fitness levels. With a larger display, it provides users with more detailed insights at a mere glance.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
Drugstore.com